Saturday, April 01, 2006

Model A Ford


'Model A Ford' by jim otterstrom
Click on photo to enlarge

This is one of my earliest photos and it is a composite of two separate pictures combined as a double exposure with a slide copier.

The original print was made probably sometime early in 1972 and this is pretty much a straight scan of that print. I did clean up some scratches in the old print and may have tweaked the color saturation ever so slightly.

I took the photo of the derelict Model A flatbed truck out in a field in Old Topanga Canyon and combined it with a photo of cracked mud after a rainstorm in Topanga.

I intentionally used grainy 400 ASA color film (long before the change to ISO) to get the effect I was after. I did many of these double exposures with some object superimposed over a texture.

They were simply experiments where I tried to create graphic images that resonated in me for one reason or another. This one reflects the rural times when I grew up and the dirt roads where I wandered as a child.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Gigi Cimmino said...

This is a marvelous Blog. I'm feeling touched by it. I think I will include you in my favorite blogs.

10:39 AM  
Blogger clairesgarden said...

these enhanced photgraphs you have posted are really good, a lot of time spent on the computer I think?

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.