Friday, March 13, 2009

March Marsh Majesty

Bald Eagle 3-7-09 Click on photo to enlarge -© 2009 jim otterstrom

Peggy and I encountered this gorgeous bird perched at the east end of Stanfield Marsh last Saturday at the beginning of our 10 mile walk. I moved in as close as I dared for a decent full-zoom shot (560mm) and then backed away when the eagle gave me 'the look', not wanting to further disturb its morning fishing expedition. The bird was still perched there when we came back through several hours later.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

wow and wow is all I can say. How regal! I am assuming your 560 mm was on a tripod?

10:23 AM  
Blogger Nervenruh said...

What a bird! What a moment! What a shot!
"Wahnsinn!" and "Saugeil!" have been the comments of the watchers beside me.

1:28 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

great - that LOOK he is giving you says a lot

9:48 AM  
Blogger Endment said...

Now that is one Handsome bird!!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

happy st patrick's day, oh green one!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.