Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A One-Minute Reminder From The Lorax!

Click on arrow to play the 'one-minute times millions' video © 2009 jim otterstrom

Time is running out for the Petroleum Age...

...and none too soon if you ask me!

Every day I walk past dozens of trucks, big, bigger, and biggerer, as they just sit there idling, blowing what's left of the worlds oil from their exhaust pipes into my face, my lungs, and the biosphere of our planet.

As you read these words, millions of huge trucks, this very minute, are idling away precious fuel in every corner of the world (Fuel from oil that people are killing each other over). And it goes on 24 hours a day, while billions of other stench-spewing vehicles speed past in an exponentially spiraling pattern of blind destruction.

A stunning thing to witness as the world reaches peak everything, and descends into cataclysmic resource wars, in the waning days of the short-lived Age Of Petroleum.

In a not too distant future the rusted hulks of shiny behemoths like the one above will be weathering away among the ruins of our civilization much like the statues of Easter Island, and, for any survivors, will be a stark reminder of our supreme foolishness.

Mark My Words...

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duely (?) Marked.Ye Sage of OLD.
But I'll forget where I Marked it
tomorrow.
What's up MR.L
(that stands for Literate)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Mark'em with a highlighter AnonyFrank, because, not long after this old Lorax has been "lifted", and is pushing up deformed sage, the Earth will be facing that new tomorrow where no person left standing will forget how ill of us it was to litter it.

Yer ol' buddy,

Mr. Anti-litter it

6:48 AM  
Blogger CoCargoRider said...

Great post. It really irks me everyday when I see these morons wasting what is left of the finite resources here on our Mother Earth.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I like to contemplate is the world of supremely expensive oil, where it will no longer make sense to grow all our greens in California and ship to all points in the nation. Or grow food in Chian to ship to the U.S.

I like to think about farming: no longer bug, fuel-guzzling machinery. Farmers will be more like Amish farmers: smaller, diverse farms, with much food being locally grown.

Ah, I can dream, can't I?

7:57 PM  
Blogger richard jehn said...

Jim: My sentiments precisely. I've taken the liberty of re-posting to the Rag Blog. I hope it is okay.

With appreciation for all you do.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

MN homesteader-

I checked out your blog and it's very nice to see other folks efforts at gardening, raising chickens, and using bicycles as their prime mode of transportation.

As for the morons, we've all got much to learn, and I try to have empathy for those who can't or won't see the mess we're leaving to future generations.

Dennis P

From an old Bob Dylan song; "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours".

richard jehn-

You can post my stuff at The Rag Blog anytime.

Thanks!

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.