Sunday, December 21, 2008

WISHING YOU PEACE ON THIS...

~WINTER SOLSTICE~Click on photo to enlarge - ©2008 jim otterstrom
On this shortest day of the year, as we begin moving once again toward the warmth, light, and optimism of longer days, Peggy and I wish, for each of you, that the days and seasons of this new life-cycle will be tempered with compassion and progress toward peace among all the diverse people of the world.
And, as a species, that we will also deepen our understanding and appreciation of this beautiful planet, and the interdependence we share with so many other wondrous forms of life.
~PEACE ON EARTH~
The window pictured above is the third stained-glass window I made, way back in 1974.
It is a small window, 11 1/2 x 15 inches, which has never before been installed in a frame, but was carted around in boxes for the past 34 years.
It's been dropped, bent, cracked, broken, and repaired several times, and, has now found a permanent home in my new tool-shed/workshop.
I was fresh out of my stained-glass window class when I built this from my very first original design.
I was still learning to solder and the window is a bit amateurish compared to my later work with glass, but I always liked the design, the colors, and the selections of glass I used in the piece.
I'm glad the window now has a home where I can enjoy it's bluesy, wintry, introspective illumination every day.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda Navroth said...

Hi Jim & Peg,

Warm Solstice Greetings! Every time I visit your blog space I always look at the counter "The cost of the war in Iraq" and cringe. We do indeed need Peace on Earth! I can't help but think how much more well spent that money could have been--making the world a better place. I am glad the 'mad cowboy' will be gone soon so we can get to work repairing the damage from his dictatorship-like reign. So much loss of human lives and valuable wild habitat devoured to satisfy the little dictator's needs. May this solstice signal some positive new beginnings for us all!

Peace,
Linda

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Linda-

I couldn't agree more...

PEACE, and Love, to you too my friend.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.