Friday, December 19, 2008

The Beauty Of The Season...

...From Our Own Yard Click on photo to enlarge - ©2008 jim otterstrom

The view eastward across our yard yesterday morning was breathtaking. How suddenly a landscape we have become accustomed to can be transformed by the magic of nature.

If you look closely, between the trees, you will see about six inches of our four foot high fence protruding from the snow.

Our Street - Robinhood Boulevard
Click on photo to enlarge - ©2008 jim otterstrom
Looking east from in front of our place. The fence on the right is our 4 foot high chain link perimeter fence.

To The West

Click on photo to enlarge - ©2008 jim otterstrom

The view down Robinhood to the west from in front of our place.


Our PlaceClick on photo to enlarge - ©2008 jim otterstrom

From the street you can barely make out our little cabin snuggled beneath the snow-laden trees.

From The Deck Click on photo to enlarge -©2008 jim otterstrom

This photo was taken from outside the front door of our house.


Our Mountain Cabin In The Snow
Click on photo to enlarge - ©2008 jim otterstrom

Morning light filters through the trees onto our roof, as Dallas, on the deck there, wonders what I'm doing as I wander around pointing my little black box at things.

This photo was taken from the east side of the yard looking due west.

The 'Temple Of The Lost Civilization', and it's new addition, my tiny toolshed, workshop, pub, and fallout shelter, is directly behind where I was standing.

More pictures on the progress of that project coming soon.

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo's!!
I Love our cozy little cabin so much! It's nice to visit home when I'm away....Makes me all warm and fuzzy.
Your Peggy Sue

10:33 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hey Baby, Hey Baby, Hey!!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Linda Navroth said...

Simply magical! Something I miss living in the flats. All the best to you and Peggy for the holidays, and a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wow, I could swear I was in Minnesota! :)

I bet you don't miss having a car on days like these...that unplowed street!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cozy and warm within?

4:35 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Linda-

We do love it here but I must admit that I miss being able to garden year 'round.

Happy Holidays to you and yours too!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Deb-

Yeah, I dug out the wheelbarrow the day those pictures were taken and wheeled it the two blocks to the feed store to pick up some chicken feed, passing three cars stuck in the snow, while my old two-wheeled barrow and I just plodded along, no problem.

;~)

6:38 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

pablo-

Warm & cozy with a fire in the woodstove, four cords of firewood under tarps, and about a years supply of emergency viddles in the pantry.

6:42 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

break out the snow shovels Jim

i posted snow pics too

5:27 PM  
Blogger Val said...

Wonderful photos, and wonderful scenes. Thanks from someone who hardly ever sees snow. And never as beautiful as this.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hey David-

I saw you at the market yesterday and wanted to say hi, but, by the time I got through the checkout line you had disappeared.

Have browsed a couple of your blogs recently. Impressed with the concrete countertop work.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Val-

We love the winters here very much when we get the big snows.

We got another couple of inches last night, and may get more significant accumulations by Christmas Day.

I visited your blog and enjoyed all those gorgeous gardens.

Seasons Greetings to you.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Lovely photos, Jim! I did a similar post yesterday, as we've been getting a ton of snow lately, too (in fact, I took the same photo of snow leaning over the deck railings). I just love how it seems to defy gravity.

11:12 AM  
Blogger tansy said...

wow. it's a winter wonderland!

i wish we'd get snow like that even if just once a year! we used to when i was a kid but not anymore.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Home Garden Products said...

Nice pics of earth home garden.
I love it.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.