Monday, December 10, 2007

Well, Shiver Me Timbers...

Click on photo to enlarge - © 2007 jim otterstrom

It rained all day Saturday and we thought the storm was moving out during the night so we were pleasantly surprised to wake up to winter on Sunday morning.

I see that our Badwater Springs mascot is still in good spirits even though the waterfall & pond are frozen beneath the snow.~

~NICE HAT DUDE!~

~Lookin' Out My Front Door~Click on photo to enlarge - © 2007 jim otterstrom

Nine inches of light white powder is what we found upon opening the front door Sunday morning!

~A SIGHT FOR SORE EYES~

What a difference 22 days makes! Just four Sundays ago we were sitting at that same table, in shorts & t-shirts, enjoying Orchid's acorn processing class, shown in the previous post.

Hey, like I said, I'm a little behind...

The next two pictures are for Linda at Urban Wild, she'll understand...

Buddha Kiss One - Sunday Morning
Click on photo to enlarge - © 2007 jim otterstrom

Buddha Kiss Two - Monday Afternoon
Click on photo to enlarge - © 2007 jim otterstrom

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda Navroth said...

Jim,

Shiver me timbers indeed! You really did get some white. And OMYGOSH! That 'Buddha Kiss' is so funny! Thanks for posting the photos!

--Linda

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful that snow looks, although I hope we don't get any like in Kentucky for awhile! I always enjoy snapshots of your domestic tranquility.
:-) Kathy in Kentucky

8:10 PM  
Blogger RubyShooZ said...

Arrrr me maties!

I'm new here. I have read just about the entire first page here that I can see and I am just enchanted. I found you via Robin and Roger's place.

I've been trying to take a break from blogging since I've been having some troubles with seeing lately but what I've seen here has just warmed my heart so much I had to step up and say hello, thank you for being here and for doing what you do.

I'm in a period of transition in all areas of my life (and perhaps blog and every day I'm finding new things that I have been enjoying - like my visit here.)

Much peace to you both and to all your readers.

Peace, love and understanding.

~ RubyShooZ ~

5:36 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Linda-

I knew you'd enjoy the Buddha!



KinKy-

We love the snow, the deeper the better. Anything it disrupts will just have to wait. Deep snow allows for quality quiet time.


Rubyshooz

HELLO!

And welcome you are, coming from such a fine place as 'The Dharma Bums'.

We really enjoy Robin & Roger.
They are who we might be if we ever grow up, which isn't very likely.

I hope you like the archives as much as you have the more current stuff...

...life is a path, and we are all in transition.

Thank you for your very kind words, and the warmth you have in your heart now glows within us.

~PEACE & LOVE TO YOU~

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.