Monday, May 21, 2007

Today - In Our Native Garden...

SPRING BLOOMS
Click on photo composite to enlarge - © 2007 jim otterstrom
These pictures were taken this morning* in the native plant garden as spring begins to bloom toward summer.
Top left to bottom right:
Indian Paintbrush (Castilleja applegatei)
Wild Geranium (Geranium richardsonii)
Western Wallflower (Erysimum capitatum)-orange variety
Blue Flax (Linum lewisii)
California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica)
Creeping Oregon Grape (Mahonia (Berberis) aquifolium var. repens)
Western Wallflower (Erysimum capitatum)-yellow variety
Grape Soda Lupine (Lupinus excubitus)
Desert Bluebells (Phacelia campanularia)
*Except for the Wild Geranium picture, top center, which was taken last week, and there are several more in bloom today.
And, speaking of today, I hope you are all enjoying the gift that each day is, and the incredible beauty of the nature all around us.
I'm going back outside now...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Kathie said...

So very beautiful!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

You always see the beauty in the simple and that is your secret. Can I borrow your glasses?

2:09 PM  
Blogger anna maria said...

Such beauty. I want to get myself some of that wild geranium - the name keeps popping up.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I especially like the blue flowers.

3:44 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Lovely. Just lovely. Thanks for putting names to the faces!

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read this article I thought you might also enjoy reading.

The Hippies Were Right!
Green homes? Organic food? Nature is good? Time to give the ol' tie-dyers some respect
by Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

http://tinyurl.com/2m73lb

4:09 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Gorgeous photos!

9:17 AM  
Blogger MA said...

Your blog is my favorite in the whole wide web....I wish you two were my neighbors!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Birsen Şahin said...

MaryAnn has told what I planned to say: I wish you two were my neighbours : )

1:59 PM  
Blogger clairesgarden said...

waiting and waiting for spring to flower and there they are, suddenly it all comes to view and my heart loves.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy for flowers at discounted prices then visit my favorite site CouponAlbum which provides so many discounts about home & garden and other decor products...........

4:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


zhengjx20160520
rolex watches
louis vuitton purses
fitflop shoes
coach outlet store online clearances
insanity workout
tory burch shoes
oakley sunglasses wholesale
coach outlet online
cheap air jordans
timberland boots
coach factory outlet online
nike roshe run
cheap toms shoes
discount jordans
jordan retro 11
michael kors outlet online
kobe 10
coach outlet online
toms outlet
louis vuitton outlet
christian louboutin shoes
coach outlet store online
supra footwear
louis vuitton outlet
ralph lauren outlet
coach factory outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses outlet
oakley sunglasses
oakley outlet
air jordan shoes
coach outlet store
ray ban sunglasses outlet
louis vuitton handbags
air jordan shoes
louis vuitton purses
cheap jordans
coach factory outlet

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.