Wednesday, January 24, 2007

State Of The #&%*@$?! Union


Click on photo to enlarge - © 2007 jim otterstrom
I was feeling so patriotic after reading Dubya's 'State Of The Union Address' that I could hardly contain myself, so I decided to fly America's true colors today.
I move that we recommend this more appropriate re-design of Old Glory depicted on my T-shirt be adopted as the official flag of The Corporate States Of Amerika.
Excuse me while I go vomit, King George!
The only thing more disgusting than the state of this union is The State Of The World!
Blecccchhhhhh!
Even a good cup of tea can't get the bad taste out of my mouth, maybe a shot or two of Tequila will do the trick...
Pardon my smart-ass smirk but the gang-bangers in Washington get my cranky mischievous dander up...
You can be a Patriot too! Get your own Corporate States Of Amerika shirt here.
Addendum-1-25-07
Yesterday evening our friend Jane, in Texas, e-mailed me the following list of quotes on "Political Wisdom".
Political wisdom! Now there's an oxymoron!!
1. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself.............Mark Twain
2. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle...........Winston Churchill
3. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.............George Bernard Shaw
4. A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money............G. Gordon Liddy
5. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner...........James Bovard
6. Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries............. Douglas Casey
7. Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys...............P. J. O'Rourke
8. Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else..........Frederic Bastiat
9. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it......Ronald Reagan
10. I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts..............Will Rogers
11. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin........Mark Twain
And I'll add this one.
12. The difference between the two parties is the difference between syphillis and gonorrhea..........Rita Mae Brown
Thanks Jane!
It helps to find a little humor in all this crap.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I didn't even watch it; this time of year I'm in a depressed state of mind anyway and I thought it just might push me over the edge. So Dubya's gonna save our lifestyle with ethanol? Only at the expense of Minnesota's land and water resources. Arrrgghhh...there is a better use for ethanol, and I think I need it right now!

5:24 PM  
Blogger CG said...

you tickle me and I like the shirt.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That shirt is terrific and your front door looks so inviting and welcoming with all your friendly stickers. I didn't watch the SOTU because my blood pressure would have sky rocketed. It curdles my blood to hear him speak.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

I cannot watch the SOTU anymore because I am just too prejudiced. I admit it. Wonderful T-Shirt. Where can we get them?

4:53 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi friends-

I can't stand to watch or listen to the people running this country either! Whether it's Bush and his cronies, or the "Parliament Of Whores" in The House and Senate, Democrat or Republican.

But I was temporarily possessed by an evil sadistic curiosity and read the text of the SOTU online, and some of the rebuttals.

I'm with you Deb, I need to cleanse myself with some hi-grade ethanol!

CG, V.V., Rebecca, and Tabor-

I'm serious when I say this should be the official flag of America, because in reality, it already is. It's an easy shirt to like because it speaks the truth.

Tabor-

I got the shirt on eBay, and I've added a link to the seller at the bottom of the main post.

shaidrules-

You've got a stronger stomach than I do Denny! Save me a case of Bigfoot if & when it comes in! ;~)

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sentiments exactly about the state of the union...great T-shirt, where did you get it?
I love the last #12 of political wisdom...

7:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awe, the picture wouldn't work for me :(

9:49 AM  
Blogger Tree said...

I didn't watch the speech, knew I'd pop a vein or something. This morning, I saw on TV a new guy running for president, a republican who defended America's actions in el salvador and basically mocked "the liberals" for calling the Iraq War another Vietnam, said that old liberals died waiting to prove that El Salvador was another Vietnam.
Listening to that shit was enough stress to last me a week!

Will you be marching in DC on March 17?

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I visited yesterday, the photo wouldn't download, so I was eager to give it another try today. Success. I like it!

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the shirt and the political "sayings." I absolutely agree with the sentiment(s) behind the shirt!

More and more it seems that politics, specifically voting, is about choosing the lesser of two evils, which means there is always fear in one's heart.

:-(

I listened to part of the SOTU but I have become so numb to the guy's rhetoric, due in large part to the fact that my fellow citizens re-elected him (?), that I can't even get that pissed anymore when I hear him. I have been so enraged in the past, that sometimes I fear . . . I will one day lose my inability to speak out. Gulp.

Politics here in Kentucky are "something else," always. - Kathy in Kentucky

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.