Tuesday, December 12, 2006

One For The Madcap...
















Click on photo to enlarge - © 2006 jim otterstrom

Madcap Mum,
Yesterday morning this very friendly female Mallard was following Dallas and I along the shore, and everytime we'd stop somewhere she'd waddle out of the water and approach us.
Poor Dallas was licking his chops and twitching, but he's a well behaved dog and I told him gently, "no, you leave her alone", so he just sat by my side quivering a bit.
A lot of people come here and feed the ducks bread, so many of them have become rather tame, which is dangerous when other people walk their dogs in the same area.
I remember that you really liked the last Mallard picture I posted, and when I saw how nice this one came out, I immediately thought of you. So I'm calling this one Madcap's Mallard.
The soft early morning light was just right, and yet you can see the first glimmer of sunshine that was peaking through the trees---from the ridge above the south shore---reflected in her wet feathers at the waterline.
This is the kind of photo that makes me really appreciate my camera.
Taken in auto-mode, it was simply a point & shoot moment.
Have a great day Mum, and I hope you're feeling better...

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

XO

That's not the only fantastic bird around. You should see what followed me home this afternoon!

I guess I'm still a bit "peckish", but coming around, coming around. Off to make supper, but I'll be in touch soon.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like mallards too.

5:13 AM  
Blogger arcolaura said...

Say, Jim, did you post a rant and then delete it? It showed up in my Google Reader but when I came over to cheer, it didn't show up here. You gave me a chuckle, anyway. Not that the topic is funny, but just to hear the way you tell it. And kinship is good for some cheer. No need to apologize!

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.