Monday, January 02, 2006

A Winter Long Ago...





















Click on photo to enlarge

While searching my files for the picture of our friend Mike (see second post below) I came across this one of Jimmy that was taken moments after he won a First Place trophy in his very first ski race at the age of 6.

By the way, Jimmy and I share the same birthday, November 14th, and many similar personality traits, including a strong-willed stubborn rebellious daredevil streak that has nearly killed each one of us.

He, in his 4X4 truck over the edge last August, and me, 27 years ago, in an 80 mph solo motorcycle crash in Malibu Canyon.

When Jimmy was about 4 years old I came outside one morning in the 5 AM darkness to collect our newspaper, and heard Jimmy calling to me confidently from the tip-top of a 75 foot tall Jeffrey Pine, and that was just the beginning.

The only time I can remember seeing my mother in public without make-up was the wee hours of the morning Jimmy was born, when she rushed to the hospital, looked me in the eyes, and said with great conviction, "Now you're going to get yours", words that have sent chills down my spine many times since.

In case I haven't said it before,

I'm sorry mom, really sorry...

I Love You!

Jim

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger tansy said...

heee...isn't that how mothers are? always vindictive????

any time i tell a story about one of my kids, my mom just smiles knowingly...

10:47 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Happy New Year Stella-

When my kids would do something mischievous, which was really quite rare until their teens, the expression my mother got was more of a sneer than a smile...

What's up with that?

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.