Thursday, November 24, 2005

Peggy & Corrina
















Click on photo to enlarge

We don't usually name our hens but Corrina here has a very adventurous spirit and likes to be around people so we made an exception. Corrina jumps the chicken yard fence every day to scratch & peck her way around the native plant garden looking for seeds, greens & bugs. Here she watches Peggy collect pine needles for some winter basketry to see if any bugs turn up. When she's in the chicken yard and a person approaches, Corrina will jump up on the fence to greet you and, when she's out, she'll walk right up to Dallas looking him in the eye, and Dallas seems perfectly content to leave her be. She's been doing this for weeks now.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a delightful friend Corinna is.. and pine needle baskets! I have always wanted to make one, and have a bag of needles around somewhere. If Peggy could use these, I would gladly send them to her. They're Ponderosa pine if I remember correctly.
Send me an address off list and I will try to get them to you sometime before the holidays if I can find where I hid them ;)

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, pine needle baskets! What a beautiful art! I'd love to see some pictures (and maybe some hints on making them, too).

8:40 PM  
Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Great photo. I love this chicken! : )

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.