Monday, January 02, 2006

Winter Is Here...

















Click on photo to enlarge

The second day of 2006 is bringing a welcome winter storm to Big Bear. I doubt if we'll get much snow from this one, it seems to be grazing us as it slides by to the northwest but any white stuff is a cheerful sight to me.

The wind has been howling nearly fierce enough to blow 2005 into oblivion where I hope it stays. 2005 saw much tragedy in the world and far too much too close to home for me.

I'm going to commemorate the arrival of winter, and 2006, by preparing a batch of pine-needles for basketry. This evening seems an appropriate time to continue on with the bowl I started so many months ago. I'll post photos of the process and any progress I make as I stitch my way tentatively into an unknown new year.

I need some therapeutic meditation, and for me basketweaving fits the bill, maybe that's why they used to teach it in mental institutions!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger tansy said...

it seems there's been a lot of tragedy all around this year. here's to a better year this year!

the view of the house is beautiful.

4:49 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

What a lovely house!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.