Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My Old Friend Comes To Visit





















Click on photo to enlarge

My lifelong friend Charlie Melton is driving up to visit for a few days.

He's on his way home to the Santa Monica Mountains from Las Vegas, of all places, where he was visiting his kids and grand-kids for Christmas and New Years.

Good friends for nearly 50 years now, we met when he was 11 and I was 13.

During our teens and early twenties we were inseparable sidekicks always on some adventure together. These days we only get to see each other once or twice a year but it's always a great time for us.

So we'll inevitably be sharing some good beers and stories while Charlie's here and the 'basketry lessons' may be suspended for a short period, but I trust you'll be patient with me. ;~)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

eleutheros-

I have noticed that a large percentage of my friends are rather hairy and you certainly wouldn't look out of place around here.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

jim-all your friends look like all right dudes to me. :) The Hermit and I are planning a trip out there as we speak, he even said he'd grow a beard if he had to. ;) I, on the other hand...don't have much to offer in that regard. But I do play a mean mandolin.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Deb-

You & The Hermit better hurry up and don't forget that mandolin.

And by the way I wish we were neighbors too, how much is land going for in your neck o'the woods anyway?

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.