Saturday, May 20, 2006

Blue Flax As Art...


Click on photo to enlarge

Another photo of Blue Flax, this time from the underneath side, which I then rendered in Photoshop with some quick brush effects. The painted 'look' is much more obvious if you enlarge the picture.

So anyhow, right now, much of any given day here is spent weeding so I apologize for being a negligent blogger as far as any from the heart writing, philosophizing, or keeping up with everybody and responding to comments goes.

I do keep the camera outside with me and at least try and take a few pictures to post.

We had Dallas sheared yesterday to help get rid of any remnant skunk odor and for comfort in the heat (it's been in the 80's for several days) and I'll be posting a picture of his new look soon.

We're only 21 days from the Xeriscape Garden Tour and the weeds are still winning! But the good news is that the areas of the native-plant habitat that have been long established now require little weeding, it's the newer areas that are the problem.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

nice point of view...and I like what you did with photoshop to enhance.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

tdharma-

To the original photo I simply applied the Photoshop brush stroke 'accented edges' filter, setting the 'edge width' to 1, the 'edge brightness' to 23, and the 'smoothness' to 3.

Some images look really nice to me when rendered into a painted style.

Peggy was sitting next to me as I played around with this one and we both agreed it was worth saving that way. I'm glad you like it.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Glad he's skunk free - photos, as always, are lovely.

Usually I lurk but I always read.

6:35 PM  
Blogger arcolaura said...

Gorgeous photo. Blue flax isn't out yet here. Hawthorns, "cowslip" (hoary puccoon), early yellow locoweed. Lilacs are just about to start.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.