Tuesday, November 01, 2005

TAGGED...

I've been tagged with a meme by Cindy M. of Woodsong, and, if I play along, I'm hoping one day she'll tell me about her camera and some of the tricks she's learned to get those incredible photos of hers.

So here goes.


Five Pet Peeves

1. Diesel exhaust blown in my face by passing vehicles when I'm walking or bicycling.

2. Litter and Litterbugs, especially those who come to visit a place for its beauty and leave their trash to defile that beauty, and their cigarette butts everywhere you look.

3. Suburban sprawl.

4. Motorsports.

5. People who kill animals for sport only and not for food.


Five Wild Critters I'd Like To See (in the wild) Before I Go (or before they do)
(parentheses mine)

1. Delhi Sands Flower-loving Fly (Rhaphiomidas terminatus abdominalis)

2. Mexican Gray Wolf (Canis lupus baileyi)

3. California Red-legged Frog (Rana aurora draytonii)

4. El Segundo Blue Butterfly (Euphilotes battoides allyni)

5. Cactus Ferruginous Pygmy-owl (Glaucidium brasilianum cactorum)


Five Moments In My Life That Changed Everything That I've Done Since

1. Something I did during the 1960s that I'll leave to your imagination.

2. Crashing my motorcycle in Malibu Canyon in 1978.

3. The moment I walked into Solley's Delicatessen and sat down next to my future wife and best friend Peggy Sue.

4. Being present and useful during the natural births of our two children.

5. The First Gulf War waged against the Iraqi people (which triggered a chain of actions in our lives & lifestyle that eventually resulted in the decision to not own a car).


Five Movies That Are My Life
(No movie is my life but I'll list five I really like)

1. Modern Times - Charlie Chaplin (A priceless treasure, hilarious, irreverent and tender all at the same time)

2. Salt Of The Earth - Rosaura Revueltas (Banned in the 1950s for its political content, this is the only American film ever to be blacklisted, and was selected in 1992 for the National Film Registry, Library Of Congress)

3. Lonely Are The Brave - Kirk Douglas (From the novel 'The Brave Cowboy' by Edward Abbey)

4. The Private Life Of Plants - David Attenborough (All six volumes are magical & fascinating)

5. Frida - Salma Hayek (So beautifully done, the film itself actually resembles the art of this strong, wild and extremely gifted woman)


Five People I'm Tagging (If you don't feel like being tagged you can untag yourself, I picked you guys because you're currently the most frequent visitors to EHG, and I sure hope being tagged doesn't scare you away.)

1. Madcapmum

2. Pablo at Roundrock Journal

3. Deb at Sand Creek Almanac

4. Stella at Musings On The Farm

5. Lene at Leaning Birch

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

Oh, I might play, but I don't always play by the rules, Jim!

That bit about the 1960's and imagination... well.... are you sure you wouldn't rather just tell the tame truth rather than leave yourself open to salacious speculation? ;)

5:58 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi mum-

You can play however it suits you, I like fiesty redheads, and I don't mind a bit of salacious speculation either. ;~)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Lonely Are The Brave = one of my all time favorites. I always wonder if maybe it has been secretly blacklisted because of its subversive nature; I mean, shouldn't a movie starring Kirk Douglas, Walter Matthau and Carrol O'Connor show up on cable TV a bit more often? (I don't have cable, but when I did I never saw it.)

I'll come out and play, and I hope the others you tagged follow suit! And by the way, I do have a vivid imagination, and I intend to use it. ;)

7:54 AM  
Blogger tansy said...

i did mine but had to change a few things to suit me...i'm such a rebel!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

If I see any fiesty redheads, I'll be sure to let them know...

10:36 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Deb-

I've never saw it in a theatre or broadcast anywhere, I had to buy the VHS on eBay.

I'm looking forward to your tagging responses.

Stella-

Thanks, and I left a comment for you today on your tag post.

Mum-

I already have a feisty one that keeps me on my toes, believe me (well she used to be a redhead anyway, and I don't think she'd like it much if I called her a feisty whitehead these days)!
:~O

11:41 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

So nice of you to stop by today, Jim!

Your list is neat. I cringed a little about the "people who kill animals for sport and not to eat them" because I do SO much enjoy fishing, but then realized, we catch and release - we don't kill them. If anything, my ever-environmentally conscious fiance quips "well somebody needs to go out there to the pond and check on the little buggers once in awhile."

Love your blog!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Weary Hag-

Yes, catch & release is a whole different thing, and you may actually be helping the fish to become more wary and survive longer.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for posting Jim, I enjoyed reading your answers- I think everyone has answered that I tagged so now I can have 'meme closure' ;)

(and thanks for the birthday wishes)

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~sigh~ i need a blog. i feel like the freaky new kid at school trying to fit in with the cool kids..er,hippie kids. :) feisty whitehead sounds like a pimple that wont go away.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and...i was reading the blog *a payne hollow visit* and he had an interesting post last january about our attachment to automobiles. i dont know if you've seen this, but check out the 01/31/05 entry.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

k.

How are you?

Thanks for the auto related tip, I'll check out 'a payne hollow visit' tomorrow and look it up.

Right now I'm all sanded out and off to bed.

Jimmy is doing OK but his vision is still not improving.

...and yes I wish you had a blog too so we could get to know you a little better.

8:56 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Thanks Jim, for leaving your comment - and on all the other occasions - on my blog! I really appreciate your nice comments.

3:09 AM  
Blogger LenĂ© Gary said...

Hey Jim,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm hanging around and don't mind being tagged at all, especially because you are so respectful. Thanks! I'll have to work on it this weekend.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this must be very frustrating for your son.(and all of you) I will keep sending good wishes your way.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Wildside Musing said...

From madcapmum: "That bit about the 1960's and imagination..."

Now what could that be ??????

5:01 PM  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

I hate litterbugs, the other day I watched a guy step out of his SUV and toss a soda can on the ground. I told him "You dropped something" and he just looked at me like I had told him to f* off.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, I am actually working on this to post on my blog now.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.