Monday, August 08, 2005

Human Mountain Goat!


Click on photo to enlarge

Peggy already warned me that Doug, our lead field biologist for the owl crew, is actually a mountain goat, but I found out for myself tonight on our first "walk-in" together.

Here, I'm just trying to keep up with him, and we haven't even gone off trail yet (note his blurred foot in the enlarged photo).

Once we got into steep climbing and bushwhacking I also found out just how aerobicly challenged I am after two months of sedentary confinement.

We didn't find any owls in this territory but, after we hiked out and all was said and done, I felt exhilarated & renewed from the exercise, scenery and experience.

Besides, Doug and I seem to have much in common, so we had great conversations on the drive home (yes, we do need to use vehicles on this job, but I think the work is important enough to justify that).

PS

Doug may be 20 years younger than I, and capable of leaving me in his trail dust, but I still have more hair than he does;~)
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Thanks CG

And I'm very happy to be back too!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Spoomonger said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, too-

I'll try to post the code to put in your template for the music:
**********************************
{embed src="http://wm.wmg.com/epromo/site-label/lava-label/xmasevesarajevo-wma-full.wma" autostart="true" loop="false" hidden="false" height="45" width="170"}{/embed}
****************************

NOTE: to keep internet explorer from changing the above code into the player here, I replaced the "<" signs with "{" and ">" with "}" you can go to 'View' and 'Source' and look for the code between the lines of asterisks.

The http: link between the quotes after the 'embed src=' can be to any .wma/Windows Media file available on the web. The song I have it linked to is by Trans Siberian Orchestra ('TSO')

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.