Friday, October 08, 2010

Dragonfly After A Rainstorm...

Click on photo to enlarge © 2010 jim otterstrom

A showy thunderstorm rolled across the Bear River Valley here in Utah last evening providing us with a magnificent light show out the dining room windows at dinner time. Rain came and went through the night and we awoke to a brief downpour about six this morning. Wandering around the yard just before breakfast I came across this dragonfly lying in the grass. I picked it up and placed it on an old piece of wood for this photo. It was still alive but I'm not sure it will survive its drenching.
~postscript~
The above dragonfly dried out warmed up and flew away...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

So beautiful! Your camera skills are amazing, Jim!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm glad you think so Madcap, you with so many amazing skills...

8:18 PM  
Blogger susan said...

Not long before we left Portland a huge black dragonfly came through our open balcony door, did a circuit of the living room and flew back out. It was amazing.

You've taken a marvelous photo of this one.

1:08 PM  
Blogger clairesgarden said...

ah, perfect, I was in need of an inspiring photograph for my pc background.
thankyou and many blessings.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous SG said...

That image is really beautiful!

6:01 PM  
Blogger John M Zachos said...

Jim, I'd like to use your picture on the cover of my music album. email me at jzachos@gmail.com if your interested. The title song is aptly named "dragonfly"
- John

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.