Wednesday, October 10, 2007

suspended in time...

another window
Click on photo to enlarge - © 1980 jim otterstrom

a gentle rain falls

to reveal softer edges

suspended in time
Original image taken in 1980 with a Nikon F2 Photomic using Kodachrome slide film/exposure data long lost & forgotten. Digital image copied from the original slide with a Bower High Definition II slide-copier attached to a 5 megapixel Canon S2IS.
The view from a table in a coffee house in Fort Bragg, California when Peggy and I were on a road trip during our first year or so together.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger clairesgarden said...

good job copying your archive images.
I like the 'window' theme. this one shows a similar weather to here today.I am still using the canon , its being a great camera for me, and recently survived a couple of hard drops, looks beaten up, works fine!!

1:56 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Claire-

Yikes, the archive of photos, I've copied some dozens of them at this point but there are hundreds, if not thousands more waiting.

I like that one too, it causes me to long for a drizzly day, and I do have many photos with a window theme. It's that natural light thing...

I'm glad you're happy with your Canon, a beat-up camera is an good old friend.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Jim- is that a 78 Volare seen through the rain? I had one of those, same color.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I couldn't tell ya Deb, I don't remember what they look like.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.