Tuesday, October 09, 2007

a window...

Click on photo to enlarge - © 1972 jim otterstrom
as words become lost
he gazes to the window
where something is found
Original image taken in February of 1972 with a Nikon F Photomic using Kodachrome slide film/exposure data long lost & forgotten. Digital image copied from the original slide with a Bower High Defintion II slide-copier attached to a 5 megapixel Canon S2IS.
To me, this photo has always been a kind of metaphor for photography itself, which is like a reviewable window out from the cluttered thoughts of my gray matter, where I often find images that organize my ideas with form, clarity, and the color of light. Sometimes well before I fully understand what those ideas are about.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger arcolaura said...

Jim

I have not said much
but know that I am still here
silent in wonder

12:05 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

laura-

your presence feels great
among folks who are seekers
how much can be said?

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.