Saturday, June 24, 2006

Scenic Lease Cabin


Click on photo to enlarge

I stopped along my ride to take this photo from the scenic highway between Boulder Bay and the Big Bear Dam where we are overlooking the lake with a view of one of the old lease cabins. These cabins sit on land leased from the forest service back in the early years of the 20th Century, and while the leases expired some years ago, the tenants have been granted temporary extensions on them.
Note the Bumble-Bee Penstemon (Penstemon grinnellii) growing wild in the foreground along the roadside.
In just a few minutes I'll be over there on the opposite shore heading home.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

I've enjoyed looking at yur photos - especially the flowers and lake views! Lovely!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

crafty green poet-

Thanks, I'm glad you stopped by.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

WOW, what a lovely lease cabin. My brother has a friend who lives in a log house on or near Big Bear lake.

I would love to live in that cabin...in that forest.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.