Monday, June 26, 2006

Honey In The Making...


Click on photo to enlarge

A Honey Bee is so engrossed with this native thistle in the garden that it completely ignored me for 15 minutes of shooting even though the camera lens was nearly touching it at times. It took me so long because I was waiting for just the right angle of light to sharply define the eye while also trying to keep the entire bee in focus. This is the best shot out of eleven.

Photographed at 9:44 this morning under thinly clouded skies in Super-Macro mode with a shutter speed of 160th of a second at f/3.5 in the Manual setting .
I normally keep the ISO setting at 50 for the highest quality image but on this shot I switched to ISO 100 so I could use the relatively fast shutter speed needed for a constantly moving subject.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Norene Griffin said...

great photo!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Amazing

9:52 PM  
Blogger donna said...

stunning and impressive

6:57 PM  
Blogger squire said...

I like the way the words match the color of the photo.

7:06 PM  
Blogger clodhopper said...

...the photos on your blog are amazing! thanks for sharing them with us.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Very beautiful and sharp image of a bee. I also have tried to photograph bees, but my pictures aren't this good. I see, that I have to get much closer.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.