Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Basket Case...
















Click on photo to enlarge

Today is house cleaning day, we moved all the furniture, took the rugs outside for a beating, mopped the floor, brought everything back in, and then sat down for lunch, a beer and a break. During our break I was sitting on the floor adding some wood to the stove when Peggy came over and sat, kind of Yoga style in my lap to snuggle for a minute, when shortly she started chuckling, and pointed to Neo staring at us from behind me, cozily perched in one of our pine-needle bowls while Steely Dan played softly from the iPod. Funny how our pets pick up our vibes and want in on the action, often stealing the show.

Thanks Neo!

I was comfy there by the fire with Peg before she made me get up and grab the camera so I could take a picture of you...

This post reminds me that I'm supposed to be continuing our basketry project and sharing some techniques.

O.K., O.K., I'll get back to that real soon.

But right now I have to get back to work, Peggy is cracking the whip today, and so far I've been a good boy, but you know what they say, "you're only as good as your last deed", or something like that?

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

Cats always seeem to seek out a space 2 sizes 2 small, don't they? At our last house, we had a visiting neighbourhood cat that loved to sleep in our birdbath; he looked like bread dough rising out of the bowl.

9:10 PM  
Blogger LenĂ© Gary said...

Sweet story; sweet day.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Norene Griffin said...

you have one happy-looking neo and two very lovely baskets.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have called me! I would have helped you with the work, well, the beer and break part certainly.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Awwww, cute! It seems cats like to curl up in my mandolin case when I leave it open; the space must be just the right size.

Sounds like a nice day! :)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a dog who like to crawl in the middle of two cuddling people.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what is it about cats and laying in things or on things, lol. I've got a year old tom that likes to crawl into clothing ;), while its on your body.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Hmmm, I've got a husband like that... ;-)

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great photo- just dropping by to say hello,looking forward to your basket tecniques (my box is still buried in this room that was once an office)
Cindy

8:24 AM  
Blogger Endment said...

Baskets are lovely --- look forward to hearing more about them. You're right - cat steals the show.

Thanks for visiting my site.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

When I lived in Arkansas many years ago, we called these the "honeydew" chores.

Nice kitty; I have a similar one of our grey and white cat in a basket and another of 5 kittens who actuall managed to cram themselves in.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.