Monday, March 28, 2005

Looking East at 5:56 A. M.


Click on photo to enlarge
I went out extra early this morning hoping to catch a colorful sunrise.
There were lots of great clouds today but not much color to them.
I did see a beaver in the marsh though, the first one I've seen since the lake refilled.
There used to be two of them in permanent residence here before the marsh dried up several years ago.
Beavers aren't native to Big Bear, they were introduced during the past century by white men like me, who aren't native here either.
For me, the beavers are a nice addition to the Bear Valley habitat, but I have yet to find anything else worthwhile about the white man's contribution to this ecosystem.
I haven't seen any eagles the past couple of days, but there are still some pelicans around, and I saw a cormorant this morning too.
Posted by Hello

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am getting a similar view over Baldwin Lake, just about the time I finish my yoga in the morning!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.