Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Food For Thought...


Click on photo to enlarge
My favorite breakfast served up in my wooden bowl out on the porch this morning.
Organic oatmeal with hemp hearts, wheat germ, wheat bran, raw sunflower seeds, pepitos, dried cranberries, walnuts, banana, organic soy milk and a little honey.
MMmmmmm, the good things in life...


But to keep me in touch with reality, and the everpresent evil going on around us, I had my orange juice in a Du Pont mug.


Better Living Through Chemistry!
How much Du Pont Teflon is in your bloodstream?


Americans hear a lot of rhetoric these days about family values, but what kind of people allow corporations like Du Pont (Teflon), General Electric (PCBs) and so many others to get away with concealing test results which reveal their products to be toxic to us, our children, and the rest of the species on earth?

Why are these companies still in business?

Where are the voices of people who really care about their families?



Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glowing OJ infused with perfluorooctanoic acid - mmmmm. Personally, I drink a differnt vintage - methyl isocyanate courtesy of my Dow Mug.

Your garden is beautiful -

Bradleyi

3:00 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I was hoping you would see this post Brad, I had you in mind as I drank my OJ today.

We love you guys!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Art Hornbie said...

Here is a little taste test I've witnesses a couple of times. Gather as many different types of pots as you can: cast iron, teflon, corning ware, tin, ceramic, and, of course, stainless steel.

Boil 2 cups of water in each with a tablespoon of baking soda added.

Taste the fluid from stainless steel. Just a tiny taste is fine. Remember it.

Now taste the others. Which pot has imparted the least taste?

Conventional wisdom states that telling tastes (toxins?) leave the pot and enter food when being cooked.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.