Sunday, July 12, 2009

7:47 This Morning.

LOOK MA! NO HANDS!
Click on photo to enlarge - ©2009 jim otterstrom
Peg and I enjoyed a nice relaxing 17 mile ride around Big Bear Lake on this perfectly beautiful summer morning.
The photo was taken on Highway 18, along the north shore beside Grout Bay as we approached the little town of Fawnskin.
And, no kids, I'm not really riding hands-free!
I stopped and had Peggy pass me while I took the picture. We left home at 6 A.M., stopping for pictures and a cup of coffee along the way, and rolled back in the front gate at 9:20 feeling refreshed and ready for a day in the garden.
This evening I'm planning on posting a bunch of photos from our recent Santa Barbara train/bicycle trip.
We were up there for 4 days visiting our friends Alver & Judyl.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger anna maria said...

At first I thought you meant 9:20 pm, then I realized it was am. Guess I'm too much of a city person (unfortunately) to realize that you can bicycle for 17 miles, and have coffee, in less than 3 1/2 hours.
All I know are bus schedules, and getting darned tired of them too!

8:06 PM  
Anonymous maggie said...

Hi Jim,
Good pic, but I keep telling you - ya riding on the wrong side of the road!! LOL

3:15 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I like this perspective. Good photo.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous kiwi said...

LOL! "maggie" was me! Forgot for a moment who I am!!! (The old age must be catching up.)

1:00 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

anna maria-

We can actually do that leisurely 17 mile ride in about 1 1/2 hours if we don't stop for coffee, photos, or whatever, but we're usually in no big hurry.

Checked out your blog, very nice and what a bunch of artistic blog friends you have too. I spent some time looking around. I'll be back!

Paul-

It was a nice ride and we went again a couple of days later. Trying to do that a few times a week, in between long walks with the dog and housekeeping, crafting, & gardening at home.

Dear Maggie/Kiwi

So you've got aliases now, huh?

That life of crime catching up with you?

Heard NZ had a big shaker the other day, anywhere near you guys?

How's life on the homestead?

I sure wish you'd drop in more often, and maybe send me your e-mail address again.

Love,

Jim & Peg
ottergraph@charter.net

10:23 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

it is a beautiful place we live, and such a great way to get out and enjoy it in the cool of the day

7:54 PM  
Anonymous glasshouse said...

really, the you seem riding in the wrong side as per the pictures shows.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.