Sunday, June 28, 2009

For Alver & Judyl

Click on photo to enlarge - ©2009 jim otterstrom

Freshly home from a bicycle/train trip to Santa Barbara, Peggy and I are sporting our new to us Goleta thrift store shirts as pine pollen dusts our Sunday dinner on the patio.

We visited our friends, Alver & Judyl, for four days, and my old pal, Janet, too, who lives on a tiny but lovely little boat in the Santa Barbara Marina.

Thank you Alver & Judyl for your warmth and hospitality, we felt so at ease with you guys and came home relaxed and thoroughly inspired by your talent and ceaseless creativity.

I'll be posting pictures of our trip in the next few days.

Our daughter, Jamie, made us the delicious green salad, with black beans & corn, which we spread over brown rice and quinoa then topped with salmon and Peggy's home-made mustard vinagrette.

PEACE & LOVE

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger gfid said...

just stopping in to catch the latest news.... been swamped.... great picture. ....and the poppy in the previous post is one of my alltime fav. flowers. i had them volunteering all over my yard at my previous place.... maybe when i get myself a place of my own in the new location i can have them again.... though the seed is getting hard to come by in these parts

10:36 PM  
Blogger Pen Wilcock said...

Oh, I just love this photograph!!

Looking at this has made my day!

7:57 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

ahh the days of pine pollen.
at least you do not have a car to gather it, you both are so smart!
it is a great season

6:50 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Perhaps you can bottle that happiness and sell it?

4:41 AM  
Blogger Linda Navroth said...

You two look fit and well. Nice to hear you had a bit of time away--always nice to 'look at a different tree' as they say (although I reckon Dallas was glad to have you home!). Looking forward to the trip photos. SB is one of my very favorte places--been going there for R 'n R since 1959 (oh, am really dating myself here!).
Cheers!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.