Monday, November 19, 2007

Home Again...

Baby Toy In Window Click on photo to enlarge - ©2007 jim otterstrom

I just got home Friday night from a two week trip to the Bay Area.

I took the train up to visit relatives and have lots of pictures to share but it may take me a few days to put that together.

Also, Peggy and I hosted a class yesterday, here at Earth Home Garden, on processing acorns into acorn meal and flour.

Our friend Orchid Black teaches the class and we have great pictures of that whole process too, which I hope to have posted sometime this evening.

I apologize for not being able to respond to comments on the previous post while I was gone but I didn't have access to a computer.

I will respond to those comments as soon as I catch up a bit, but let me say this for the record.

There was a lot more going on in the '60s, than "just protest, dissent, and demonstration".

I'll elaborate more on that later...

I made the above photograph on Sunday, November 11th, at the home of family I was visiting.

The fun shape of the teething-age toy, the cheerful colors and the softness & safety designed into it contrast interestingly for me with the rectangularity of the window, the lock on the frame, the grid of the screen, and the world outside, of thorns, spider webs, trumpet vines, and fences.

The toy belongs to a very handsome 10 month old boy, Levi (you will see pictures of him soon), and the window is at the foot of a staircase, a sort of divide between the living and dining rooms of his home.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back

6:31 PM  
Blogger CG said...

didn't mean to imply that was "all". But without a single doubt in my mind, it (the bloom of the 60s) was lacking whatever it does take to be sustainable. It could be that humans are lacking that for all I know. Anyway, glad to see you and your photographs are breathtaking. As usual doesn't make it ho hum.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

eye-

thanks, it's great to be home.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

cg-

No worries, I agree with you.

It's great to see you here, and I'm glad you like some of my pictures.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.