Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Sweet Lazy Sunday...


Click on photo to enlarge

His Laziness, 'Neo The Freckle-Nosed Cat' dozes on the couch in his typical fashion, and, to be perfectly honest, this is what Peggy & I are doing today too.

Intermittent snow flurries are causing the scenery out the windows to be almost winter-like as we sit by the warm cozy fire reading, and relaxing on this very pleasant day.

But please don't believe for a moment that I've grown too fat, complacent or lazy, like Neo up there, because I'm mostly reading about peak oil, the coming Iranian Oil Bourse, which goes into effect on March 20th (the Iranian New Year), and all that might entail on the world stage, including possibly, the eventual collapse of the dollar.

So I've been boning up on Petro-Dollar Warfare and the likely military strikes to be waged against Iran by the U.S., or more likely, by Israel, and the inevitable retaliatory strikes throughout the Middle East which could effectively halt the flow of oil to world markets.

These real possibilities for our very near future make this warm moment in time & place something to especially cherish.

Wherever you are today friends, I hope you're appreciating and enjoying the lives and comforts you share with your loved ones, because our world may be unrecognizable tomorrow, the next day, or the day after...

I think I feel a rant coming on.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger clairesgarden said...

what a nice cat, it could blend in here without any trouble!
I love the american robin photo, its quite different from ours, honestly, if this one would just come out of the hedge I could post a photo!(the great robin hunt)I could post a recording of it singing away.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

When our newest kitten does that he falls off on his butt, gets up and starts washing as if to say "You know I planned that just to entertain you".

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said it best in your last sentence.

"I think."
"I feel."

If only more people would!

3:03 PM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

You have such a pretty kitty. He looks like he has found the place of ultimate comfort.

We all seem to be leaning toward a rant these days. I don't even want to think about Iran and oil. It's all becoming too much, too fast.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Your advice in the last paragraph is a good thing to remember at any time, whether or not we are on the brink of disaster (or think we are). Which reminds me, I should enjoy that Bigfoot soon...tomorrow may be too late...and my birthday just happens to be the date you mentioned stuff was going to happen.

I'm almost done reading Ishmael, which I'm sure you've read, and I'm wondering if there's any hope for a return to a Leaver society, or if there's any choice.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Clairesgarden & Granny-

Neo is a very cool cat and thanks for dropping by even if you commented before I got the text added, sorry about that. ;~)

Pablo-

Sometimes I wish I didn't...

shaidrules-

I thought you would find those articles on the Iranian Oil Bourse fascinatiing Denny.

RD-

Thanks, and actually I was thinking about that picture of your Bonny Boy when I took this one. Neo has fallen so deeply asleep that he's rolled off the couch a time or two himself.

Deb-

I just finished re-reading Ishmael a few weeks ago myself and had forgotten how much I liked the book. Perhaps we'll become Leavers again once all we have Taken, and taken for granted, is gone.

And I'm going to wish you Happy Birthday early, but please, I'm not predicting Doomsday when the Iranian Oil Bourse goes into effect.

I just meant to say that the combination of our loose cannons running amok in Washington, and the religious fanaticism they're stirring up in the countries which have the oil they want creates a very dangerous world situation.

In all my 60 years I haven't seen times more volatile than this, including the Cuban Missile Crisis, and we can't know what's going to happen or when.

But America wants that oil and we're already up to our ears in one Oil War we can't win, one that may bankrupt the already most indebted nation in the world.

If Russia & China unite with some of the European Countries who want to purchase their oil with Euros instead of Dollars through this new Iranian Oil Bourse they will be backing America into a corner and I shudder to think of how the neocons in office will deal with it.

Let's hope cool heads prevail somewhere!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

DPR-

I'm still having problems with the "military strike" link, I had to repost it today from a different website, Ant-War.com, because the original website now required a subscription before you could read the entire piece.

All I can say about Pilger is that he does give us a perspective diametrically opposed to that of the dominant neocon right, a perspective essentially ignored by the American media, the so-called "free press".

1:37 PM  
Blogger Tick said...

I love the cat picture. I have Miss Kitty she is lazy too.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.