Saturday, May 14, 2005

May 14th---Weeding


Click on photo to enlarge

This is where I spend much of April, May & June.
Weeding and watching the beauty of the days unfold.
Even this extremely sore leg can't keep me out of here!
I can take 3 or 4 hours of weeding & piddling around (no heavy stuff) before I have to get horizontal with a book, and a TENS unit for pain relief (Thanks Frank!).
I do several laps around the block every day on my bike with no discomfort and, oddly enough, that sort of Indian position I'm sitting in up there seems to stretch and relax the muscles.
More therapy this week it seems...
I need to get past this sciatica thing , there's a lot that needs doing around here.
But those few hours outside, with the living things, still get me excited over what tomorrow will bring, pain or no pain!
Shit happens! Posted by Hello

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jim you wanna come weed my garden too? LOL! It's good to see you are still busy in your garden. I have been so busy I haven't had much computer time. Keep up the good work. I look forward to see more pictures of your garden and harvest.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Kendra-

Good to hear from you, but it may be awhile before I can get to your weeds, mine are gaining on me!
And ditto with the computer time, who wants to be doing this anyway when there's the big outside?
Off to pull weeds...

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find weeding is very therapeutic and good for my soul, Jim. I'm glad it helps your healing right now.
I have a question...in all your photos you have a cap on. Do you take it off to sleep? And is what's underneath scary?! LOL
~kiwi

6:53 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Kiwi-

LOL back atcha!
What's underneath is a deeply receding & thinning hairline, not quite baldness yet, just balding!

And at this 6,750' rarified atmosphere if you don't wear a hat you're courting melanoma.

If I can find one, I'll e-mail you a picture with no hat, vanity is beyond ridiculous at my age:%)

And yes I take it off when I sleep.
But I always did enjoy Randy Newman's song "You Can Leave Your Hat On".
=/:%}>

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, New Zealand is the "melanoma capital" of the world, so sadly Kiwis are all too familiar with it.
Now that you have located your cycle helmet and you always wear your cap, your head is indeed well protected.Good job!
~kiwi

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.