Thursday, March 15, 2007

Have You Met The Queen?

QUEEN TRINITY Click on photo to enlarge - © 2007 jim otterstrom

The Calico Queen doesn't approve of photographers, she makes me feel like a paparazzo! She's glaring at me in contempt because I won't let her go outside where all the birds are.

The picture was shot at dusk in the natural light of a window and reminds me that a photo doesn't necessarily need to be sharply focused to be of interest (enlarge it and you might see what I mean). I saved the image at 400 dpi (up from 180) in Photoshop after cropping it about 50% and then increasing the color saturation ever so-slightly, a couple of notches maybe.

Canon S2IS/Manual setting, ISO 50, handheld, 1/3 of a second at F3.5

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have one, pretty grey tabby, Princess Jasmine. Nice shot, pretty cat!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Some cats have beautiful faces, like that one. And cats have a way of dominating the household. I know.

6:11 PM  
Blogger turnip said...

thats a great photo! My cats always shy away from the camera, i get some good pics when they are sleeping though...what a great face!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Birsen Şahin said...

I love cats! She looks so proud of her self

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is so inspiring. I'm pretty much a lurker here, but I know I've posted once before. My own blog was private for a while, but now it's public and there is at least 1 post you may be interested in reading. (Monday March 26th, my birthday, a day I REALLY wished I didn't own a car!) After that incident, although I didn't mention it in my blog, I was thinking about Jimmy. A lot. And I don't even know him. Today I posted about some bushes we removed from around our house, and had I not been reading your blog for the past year or two (it's been a while), I may not have even considered being considerate of the birds who nest here in the warmer months. Like I said, you are very inspiring! We have a very large yard/small field behind our house, and I want to make raised veggie beds, flower beds, and a wildlife "sanctuary". And I have you to thank for my plans! When you have time, or are really bored, check me out sometime. I couldn't find a way to email you through your blog or profile (maybe I'm just not finding it) which is why I'm writing this here. Peace, Janet

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this is "me" from the comment above - my profile has moved - if you click on "me" above, you'll see it's a dead end.

Love your blog!

Peace!

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.