Sunday, June 26, 2005

Oriental Poppy


Click on photo to enlarge

Among the few non-native flowers we have growing near our "Temple Of The Lost Civilization" (see April 3rd post) is an Oriental Poppy which just opened the first blossoms this morning.

This picture is for you dragonfly183, I went out and took it right after reading your comment this morning at the June 2nd Native Garden picture, and thinking maybe I'd better check in! Thanks for your concern!

I think I'm starting to get a bit better, I've been riding my bicycle everyday, sometimes as much as 6 miles, but I still can't walk very far without aggravating my right leg to the point of ruining the rest of my day.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately but I'm just not comfortable sitting at the computer for very long so I've ordered one of those yoga exercise balls (thanks to advice from our friend Susan of the Boston School ) to see if I can use it as a more comfortable alternative to a chair. Posted by Hello

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Jim that poppy is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poppy is truly a work of art. It's perfect in every detail. I hope you are soon feeling much better and the leg improves.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

What a stunning photo!

BTW, in the Cree language (which is the largest native population in our area of Northern Alberta), the word grandmother is pronounced "cook-um", emphasis on the first syllable.

Get well soon - I look forward to your next post!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better. Sciatica is so painful.

I love reading your blog. Your photos and thoughts are so welcome.

You and your wife are really talented and I enjoy seeing the things you are doing and the thoughs you are thinking.

A Vancouver, Canada, reader.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...the thoughts... sorry for the typo...

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

voicexml
voicexml
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.